UFCW Local 7 – Frequently Asked Questions Regarding
COVID-19 and Healthcare Information 03162020
Where to get your Healthcare Needs Met. UFCW Local 7 has bargained industry-leading benefits for our members, and we know that many of you will have questions and concerns about your health as well as that of your family. We encourage you to turn to your health insurer/provider for the most up-to-date information.
- For Kaiser Permanente participants, please visit KP.org: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/
- Or call the advice number 303-338-4545 to speak with a licensed care provider or to schedule a telephone or video appointment.
Or visit kp.org/getcare and click on “24/7 advice”.
For United Healthcare (UMR) participants. First: consult the insurer’s website and/or the phone app. https://connect.werally.com/medicalProvider/root
- Or call united Healthcare/UMR at 1-800-826-9781 for member services.
- Or call Teledoc at 1-800-835-2362 to speak with a doctor or www.teledoc.com.
COVID-19 Testing. In order to be tested for COVID-19 you will need a referral from your provider.
- For United Healthcare (UMR) participants co-pays for testing have been waived.
How to Get Paid if you Become Sick. Local 7 has negotiated strong sick leave benefits for our members. In addition, we have engaged with the Company to secure enhanced benefits for this critical situation.
Contractual sick benefits can be found here:
Kings Meat: http://ufcw7.org/files/2020/03/King-Soopers-Meat-Sick-Article.pdf
Kings Retail: http://ufcw7.org/files/2020/03/King-Soopers-Retail-Sick-Article.pdf
Safeway Retail: http://ufcw7.org/files/2020/03/Safeway-Retail-Contract-Sick-Article.docx
Safeway Meat: http://ufcw7.org/files/2020/03/Safeway-Meat-Contract-Sick-Article.pdf
Enhanced COVID-19 Sick Leave Benefits. Once we have updated information about this we will post it on this site: http://ufcw7.org/resources/
Disability Benefits. Please find more information about disability benefits here: http://ufcw7.org/files/2020/03/Disability-Info-from-Plan.jpg or call Zenith American Solutions at 303-430-9334 or 1-800-527-1647.
Thank you for all you do!
As the contracts are signed, we will continue to upload the collective bargaining agreements.